06 March 2010

An overdue update from an artist that doesn't like blogging :)

Well I guess we can all agree on one thing - I'm not the worlds greatest blogger!

The more I've put off updating this site, the harder it's become to decide what news to post.

Lets rewind a bit! In October - that's the one in 2009 I took an impromptu trip to Paris with my partner Steve. The international art festival (FIAC) was on at the Lourve... and we needed a break, and as much as we love our warm holidays in Bali, Fiji and South Africa we decided a change of pace was in order, so we hit the streets of Paris for two weeks.

Here's a great shot of me taking in the scrumptious 'sites' at the markets in the Latin Quarters...










and here we have a great shot of us cruising down the Champs Elysees, waiting for our friends who are flying in from Lebanon to catch up with us...















This is me taking in an 'eye full'...















and here I am infront of one of my favourite paintings... I tried to buy it but they said I didn't have enough money - not even if I sold my house!


So I haggled instead, and bought craft on the street:












I ate ...












shopped...















Larikened (spelling)(fooled)













and culturally feasted
... my way through this glorious city.















Then I was back in Perth painting again:

















... and invited to the Painted Nation Exhibition where 3 out of 4 of my paintings sold - heres one of them:
















and then suddenly it was Christmas -

















and then the New Year... and more painting,

















There you go... the long and short of it. Heres to following your heart!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to see your post. I can not keep up with Redbubble anymore. My painting has slowed down due to life. So happy to see how good you are doing and keep it up...you are my inspiration. Congrats on your sales!!!

dolls like us said...

Sounds like a great trip I love your artwork.

Carmen said...

Thanks ladies! Yes it was a great trip... I want to go again :)

Vickie, I do know what you mean, keeping up with all the sites is hard work, weigh up which ones are worth the effort...your painting is more important.

Hope you are both well - and thanks for stopping by :)

Carmen said...

Thanks ladies! Yes it was a great trip... I want to go again :)

Vickie, I do know what you mean, keeping up with all the sites is hard work, weigh up which ones are worth the effort...your painting is more important.

Hope you are both well - and thanks for stopping by :)

Peter Higgs said...

Hello Carmen
I am so happy for you. Your work is continuing to blossom and provides an insight to your happiness. I do know what you say about the anguish of keeping up a Blog! I do the same and procrastinate for yonks! The important thing is that you continue your visual expressions. They are just fantastic.

Keep it up Peter and Dallas